The new user interface is clean and legible. Redesigned features such as interactive book view, chart and dashboard will help your trading experience to be more suitable.

Everything window is redesigned to bring a new experience of day trading. It is better in every angle. We eagerly want you to know how it feels.
Build a new trading application that is light and beautifully designed. Where readibility and legibility are key in our design execution.
The first Spire Trading application was first built in 2009 and after many years have gone by we believed it's time for new trading application to be built. We are working hard to develop the new Spire Trading application that will bring a better trading experience and new interface. This application will be available on both Windows and Mac OS, with the plan of developing mobile version in the future. Our trading application will have brand new features that we have worked on and improved over the past 2 years.

We knew who our users are and what they want from our application. To understand our users, they're full-time traders who dedicated their live making a living out of trading and it what makes them waking up in the morning everyday. A lot of time is put into research to give them a slight edge in their analysis that will help their decision-making.

I was given 3 months to explore and analyze the trading application. This phase was important because this was the key moment for me as user to unfold the problems that other users experienced and this covered both user experience and interface. This is the best way to understand how they felt by putting myself in their shoe. We interviewed 5-10 different users who have been trading with our application for a long time and we decided to work closely with them as our testers.

We wanted to keep the overall user experience to feel unchanged because we thought it would be easier and natural for current users to migrate from the old application to the new one. We did not want users to feel burdened learning new things and that can create more issues. With these thoughts in mind I sketched some ideas and created first version of wireframes that I presented in the meeting. Receiving feedbacks are great and that's what happened here. Long story short, many iterations and revisions were made to make sure the UI structure is balance and just right. Since the feedbacks that they gave were positive, I proceeded to the wireframing stage.

This perhaps the most complicated wireframing process I've had, because this application has many windows. After I finished the first version of wireframes we gathered again to discuss things that can be improved. To simplify this, a lot of meetings and revisions were done before I finally presented the second version of wireframes. Then I created journey map and flow chart documents to finish up the process here.

Before I began working on the interface I was given a task to rebrand our product's brand identity. Hence I started creating the final user interface using our new colors, logo and icon. Every window was colored and updated with the components I built. We wanted the application to feel modern, clean and bright. I designed several iterations that I used to compare and talk about in the meeting. It did not take long to go with the design we all liked. After I completed the design, I created the UI component and UI layout documents that break down all interfaces and components I designed.

Then I started working with developers to build every window based on the specifications I created. It's been a long process and we're looking forward to finishing this up as soon as possible, perhaps next year.